Sunday, March 25, 2012

Making Raised Copper Bowls

I got a project from the owner of the furniture company I work for to make him some copper dishes that would be used for lampshades.  I hadn't done any raising on that scale since Junior year of college so I was a little worried, but in everything went pretty well in the end.
Heres a bowl while I'm halfway through soldering the rim on, which was 12g halfround copper wire.  The color comes from the oxides forming on the surface of the coppers and will all be cleaned off.

Nearly finished bowl
Two bowls, one polished one not

I ended up making 4 bowls in total.  The first one took me some 9+ hours, while the 4th took me less than 6.  

No comments:

Post a Comment